The difference between synthetic and human hair wigs is in the fiber. A synthetic wig can be better at holding it’s style even after washing. Human hair wigs are made out of real human hair so they look and feel real, but they also have to be re-styled after washing just like real hair. Keep reading to learn more about what makes synthetic and human hair wigs different!
Which is right for you?
Maybe both. Human Hair and Synthetic Hair have advantages and limitations which make them the right choice at different times. Both are great choices for you depending on your budget, time, and needs. Optimally, you will choose to have both on hand as they each have their pluses! Here are the facts so you can know what circumstance is most beneficial for each.
What is Human hair wigs?
Human hair wigs offer the most natural look and feel. And while they can be the more expensive pick, with the proper care, they are also more durable. Human hair wigs can last between 1 and 3 years. They are remarkably soft with a shine and movement that is not easily duplicated in synthetic hair. There are generally four basic types of human hair used in wigs: Chinese, Indonesian, Indian and European/Caucasian. The majority of wigs are made from Asian hair.
About Chinese hair:
Chinese hair has a thicker denier (unit of fineness) which results in the hair being extremely straight. It is a bit more resistant to curl and can therefore be harder to style.
About Indian hair:
Indian hair has thinner denier close to that of European hair but with a bit more texture.
About European hair:
European hair is the most sought after for its fine denier but due to its increasingly limited supply in the marketplace, it is more expensive.
The origin of the hair is not the only factor, however. Processing technique is directly related to the strength and quality of the end-product. The chemicals needed, to sanitize and strip away the original color to produce different curl patterns and colors, method used can affect the integrity of the hair. When a higher quality of chemicals and a more artful approach to processing is used, the results are higher quality product and thus higher price.
Remy human hair is considered a premium option. Hair follicles are kept running in the same direction when collecting and crafting the wig or hairpiece. With cuticles all running in the same direction, tangling is greatly reduced and hair looks and feels silkier.
Beware imposters with suspiciously low-priced product – on anwig.com you’ll only find high-grade Remy hair.It is extremely important to use care products specifically formulated for highly processed human hair. Also keep in mind that wearable hair does not benefit from naturally occurring oils from the scalp.
It is important to hydrate and condition hair daily.Human hair wigs are by far the superior choice if quality is the only factor. Other than price, the main drawback to human hair is required maintenance — as with natural hair, it requires effort. For many, daily styling is actually preferable as it allows for more control over the appearance as well as a sense of normalcy that can come with the daily hair styling ritual.Keep in mind that human hair does not come out of the box ready to wear. You may choose to have it customized by a professional stylist to get exactly the look you like. It does take a bit of extra effort… but is worth it!
What is synthetic hair?
With technological advances, synthetic hair has come a long way in recent years. In some cases it is difficult to tell the difference — the density and texture are such that they feel almost like human hair.
As a matter of fact, with some of the higher quality synthetic pieces, you would never know they were not natural human hair if you didn’t have the human hair right next to it to compare! The most appealing aspect of synthetic hair is it can often be worn right out of the box with little or no styling. The fiber used has “memory” for wave, curl, and volume which lets hair bounce back into place with minimal effort — the curl pattern is permanently set. Synthetic hair can even hold up in bad weather and can guarantee no drooping or frizzing. However, what synthetic hair offers in ease, it lacks in versatility.
Synthetic hair looks many different ways like its human hair counterparts in many styled. Only special Heat Friendly synthetic hair is heat styleable to change the curl pattern. Keep in mind, even the heat-friendly fiber can be difficult to style as synthetic fiber is more resistant to change. Synthetic hair is also less durable than a human hair. With proper care, you can expect synthetic hair wigs and hairpieces to last about 4-6 months – heat-friendly synthetic hair 2- 3 months.
The limited versatility of synthetic hair becomes less of a consideration when you factor in affordability. You may choose to have a wide variety of styles on hand and ready to wear!
In order to get the optimal life span from your hair! Please follow our care recommendations.
HUMAN HAIR WIGS advantages and disadvantages:
1. Styling Versatility. Many human hair wigs can be colored, permed and styled just like your own hair. Keep in mind that it is important to take your wig to a stylist who is experienced in dealing with human hair wigs if you wish to alter the style.
2. Texture. Human hair wigs come in a variety of textures, so you can match your own hair texture very closely.
3. Longevity. With proper care, human hair wigs can last a year or more when worn daily.
4. Natural Look. Human hair wigs feel great and can look incredibly natural.
1. High Maintenance. Just like real hair, human hair wigs need to be washed, deep-conditioned and re-styled frequently.
2. Cost. Because they are harvested from human hair, they are typically more expensive.
3. Color Variation. It is difficult to replicate an exact color when you replace a human hair wig or wish to purchase a back up of the same style. Human hair wigs of the same color will vary slightly from wig to wig because each wig contains hair harvested from multiple people.
4. Reacts to Weather. Like your own hair would, human hair wigs react to the weather and can become frizzy, limp or dry depending on the weather.
5. Color Fading. The color of a human hair wig will oxidize or fade with exposure to light a human hair wig will.
6. Fragile. The hair will incur damage if subjected to harsh brushing, back-combing or overuse of heated styling tools.
7. Weight. Human hair wigs can feel heavier than synthetic wigs of a similar length and style.
8. Styling. Human hair wigs are more labor intensive and require more effort and skill to style.
SYNTHETIC WIGS advantages and disadvantages:
1. Easy Care. Synthetic wigs are easy to take care of. Because synthetic wigs have something called “style retention,” they never have to be styled. You simply wash, dry and then shake them out, and the wig will return to its initial style.
2. Style Memory. Synthetic wigs hold their style regardless of the weather.
3. Versatile. You can try out various colors and styles without the need to see a hair stylist by purchasing multiple synthetic wigs.
4. Large Color Selection. The sky is the limit where colors are concerned. You can choose from an array of natural colors, as well as several fantasy colors.
5. Cost. Synthetic wigs are relatively inexpensive.
6. Low Maintenance. They require very little maintenance. This is important to consider if you are experiencing health issues and not feeling well.
7. Natural Looking. If purchasing a high quality synthetic wig, it is very difficult to tell the difference between a synthetic wig and one made from real human hair.
1. Shine. Some economy or budget synthetic wigs (typically those under $100) may have an unnatural shine.
2. Longevity. Synthetic wigs and toppers do not last as long as human hair wigs. They typically last about 4-6 months with daily wear.
3. Less Versatility. Synthetic wigs cannot be straightened or curled with heated styling tools unless it is a specifically designed “heat friendly” synthetic wig.
4. Cannot Change Color. Recoloring is not recommended for synthetic wigs and traditional hair color will not adhere to the fibers.
Are Human Hair Wigs Better Than Synthetic?
Both human hair wigs and synthetic wigs have their own advantages and disadvantages, which one is better? Are human hair wigs better than synthetic wigs?
Actually, in terms of potential value, I think 100 human hair wigs are better than synthetic wigs. Although real human hair wigs need more maintaining, and consuming more time than synthetic wigs, but they will bring more comfortable sensation to women, and can last longer, even can well protect women’s own hair and scalp.
But synthetic wigs also have their unique benefits, how to choose completely depends on your needs and wants. Both types are great choices for you.
a amp ANWIG b black clip Closure color curly dye Extension extensions face front Frontal hair her how human lace look loss men my natural oil our part ponytail Remy shampoo she synthetic Tape they topper toppers was weave what wig Wigs will women your
May you like:
For most women hair color is not just a matter of dying hair; rather it has more significance as it conveys their power and energy. The blonde tresses, in this regard, are often associated with richness and sultriness. Bright yet light, blonde hair looks gorgeous. It comes in one of those tempting hair shades, and many… Continue reading Wholesale 613 Blonde Hair Bundles
Branding Your Business Is Beyond Your Logo Beyond just a nice logo, good branding increases how familiar customers are with your company and makes acquiring new customers easier. How a company brands itself reflects its values, intentions, and overall voice. Your brand is the perception the consumer has when they hear or think of your… Continue reading How To Build A Brand For Your Hair Extension Business
Complaints, They’re Apart Of The Hair Business Customer complaining is not always the sign of your business performing poorly. Complaints are feedback delivered the wrong way. Dissecting the complaint no matter delivery is insightful. According to studies, 90% of customers will continue doing business with a company even after a complaints made, only if the… Continue reading Steps To Help Hair Business Owners Deal With Customer Complaints
Virgin hair allows you to blow dry, curl, straighten, dye and style as you would your hair. There are some critical maintenance guidelines that if not considered, the longevity of your hair extensions are in jeopardy. Hair extensions are a great hair accessory that allows a “new do” with little commitment. Experimenting with colors, textures,… Continue reading The Ultimate Guide To Maintaining Your Virgin Hair Extensions
When starting any type of business, it is essential to have all of the right materials and equipment to provide the best products and services to your customers. This is especially true for those who are starting a virgin hair business. Naturally, one of the most important materials to have is hair. Finding a reliable… Continue reading Finding a Reliable Hair Vendor for Your Virgin Hair Business
Hair extensions are the new wave! Whether you’re getting extensions for protective styling, to add some volume, or add length, extensions offer versatility and no commitment to a particular hairstyle. With so many hair extensions on the market deciding on what type, length, color, or texture is a hassle. So if you are a pro… Continue reading Everything You Need To Know About Hair Extensions