Single drawn and double drawn are jargon, frequently used in the human hair extension industry for describing different types of hair. However, not everyone is aware of the terms. It is important to know the difference to choose hair extensions that best suit your needs. Let’s understand what each of these terms implies:
1.What Is Single and Double Draw Human Hair?
Single drawn hair extensions are the ones in which each bundle of hair has been procured from a single donor before being placed in a weft. This type of hair resonates with the real hair. It has a thick root with some weathering and thinning towards the end. Single drawn hair extensions are most common because of lower costs and lesser efforts involved in processing.
Double drawn hair extensions comprise of hair cut by hand, enabling the bundle to possess the same fullness from top to bottom. The hair is then sewn into a weft. Double drawn hair extensions have increased volume and bounce. They are costlier but assure fuller appearance and durability.
2.Where is the difference between Single Drawn Hair and Double Drawn Hair?
Let’s move on to the difference between each type on the basis of the following parameters:
Single drawn hair extensions are available in multiple lengths. Just like raw Indian hair extensions, it is directly sourced from the donor and tends to be thickest at the top, tapering in the middle and thins on the ends. Double drawn hair, on the other hand, is the same length, has a thick texture, and possesses a fuller volume.
When it comes to hair quality, double-drawn virgin hair is the undisputed winner. The bundle is realigned properly to maintain consistency. The hair is also arranged in equal length to achieve a smooth and polished appearance. Since the procedure is done by hand, these bundles tend to be costlier. Single-drawn hair also comes in high-quality but falls second when compared to double-drawn hair.
Human hair matures in cycles. While some are still growing, others are dormant. This is precisely the reason why single drawn extensions have so many lengths. Double drawn hair, on the other hand, has a single length, which is maintained manually.
Hair Collection Resource:
While single drawn hair is obtained from a single donor, double drawn hair extensions have wefts made from multiple donor hair. Double drawn hair bundles are thick and the thickness is uniform from top to bottom.
There’s lesser work involved in the single drawn hair in terms of processing and manufacturing. Therefore, they tend to have a lower price. Although you will have to pay more for double drawn raw hair, its quality, volume, and duration is surely going to be far better than the single drawn hair extensions.
3.Why do many people want to use Single Drawn Hair or Double Drawn Hair?
Single Drawn Hair Extensions Advantages / Disadvantages:
- The top trends to be wider than the bottom
- Cheaper than double drawn hair
- May look scrawny
- Has lesser volume
- Creates a “V” shape hairstyle
Double Drawn Hair Extensions Advantages / Disadvantages
- Equal length throughout
- More expensive than single drawn hair
- High volume
- Creates a “U” shape hairstyle
- Gives a fuller look
4.Double Drawn Hair vs Single Drawn Hair, Which one is better?
- Single drawn hair or double drawn hair does not represent the hair quality. Hair quality is always measured and specified by cuticles of the hair. Based on whether all hair strands in a bunch or bundle of the hair retains their cuticles intact in the same direction or not, the hair quality is measured.
- Hair with cuticles intact in the same direction is called Remy Hair. Remy’s hair is the real human hair that is best known for its easy maintenance and tangle-free nature.
- How to choose? It depends on the fullness you are looking to achieve. Usually, someone would like to double a couple in the back, and sides, and do the rest single. If you also want to be a little thicker, you can double that weft.
- In my opinion, it depends on personal taste and what feels and looks good on you. With the thinner wefts, you may want to double up especially with longer lengths and also depending on the style and again what feels and looks good on you.
5.How to Order Single Drawn/Double Drawn Extensions?
You can procure high-quality hair extensions from Topme hair. We assure you of quality at a decent price. Since customer satisfaction is our topmost priority, we make sure that our customers receive nothing but the best. Whether you are looking for lace frontals, lace closures with a natural part, or lace wigs, we have a variety of options for you to explore and decide.