We all know that it is very frustrating to get a lace wig, closure, or frontal that doesn’t blend well or match your skin tone. Most stock lace wigs, closures, or frontals are sold with light brown lace.
There is a very practical reason behind this. Light brown lace can always be tinted darker so this is why this color is usually the default color in most lace color options. So what you could do to darken the lace color while the lace color is darker. The answer is LACE TINTING PROCESS.
Here I summarized 4 lace tinting methods for your reference.
The tinting products: permanent fabric dye
- a. Pour half of the boiled water into a clean bowl and fill the bowl with cool water so that you are still getting a hot situation just not hot enough to leave peeling your skin. Highly recommend the honey brown because this shade is the one shade in the ADORE collection that fits almost virtually every skin tone. Use a couple of drops and then a couple of drops of Clairol’s beautiful collection color. Put in a little bit of regular table salt and mix it in there to preserve the red tone.
- b. Please try and keep as much lace on the wig as possible because we want to use a tester strip first. And dip the lace in there for about 10 minutes.
- c. The time letting it sit in there depends on how much color you want to take. If you do not need that much tone, sit in there maybe 2 to 5 minutes. If you want a good dark tone, set 10 minutes, maybe 20 minutes in dark.
- d. Next you need to wash the lace closure, lace frontal or 360 lace wigs thoroughly with cool water to allow the color to set in. You can use any shampoo and conditioner of your choice for this step. The water will run brown at first but this is normal. After washing and conditioning, simply let the hair air dry.
The tinting products: lace tint spray
Best when applied to wet lace – you should spray tint all over the backside of the lace piece. You may let it air dry for a few minutes or you may blow dry the backside for a few seconds. Once it has dried, you may style as desired.
Depending on how many coats you use you can get a variety of shades with your one bottle of lace tint. For richer color apply multiple coats. You can also mix tint sprays for specific shade.
The tinting products: black tea bags
- a.Get probably like a pack of 10 or 20 black tea bags without any other types of tea mixed with it.
- b.Throw the tea bags in the boiled water pot. You want to press tea bags continuously to get the color out. After that, take the tea bags out and let the tea brew for 2 minutes so that it becomes richer and darker.
- c.Test the temperature especially when you are tinting the lace on something that is not virgin hair. Leave the lace in there for 10 minutes. Be sure to check after every couple of minutes to see the color, if you like the way that it looks, just take it out.
- d.Wash it thoroughly with shampoo and also condition the hair. You need to make sure that you wash it well enough so that you do not smell the black tea on your lace closures, frontals, human hair lace front wigs, or full lace wigs afterward.
The tinting products: airbrush legs light glow. Sally Hansen airbrush leg spray in the color deep glow
- Shake well
- Spray directly onto lace
- Blend evenly and completely
- Allow to set for 60 seconds
Tinting lace will give you a natural look with lace closure, lace frontal, or lace wig. One important thing is that no matter which method you are using, you need to bleach knots first. In case you get those nasty orange roots that sometimes happen, tinting will color the lace back to its natural color.
Tinting lace does take time and practice to make it perfect, especially for those wig beginners. So here I recommend the Invisible and Undetectable Swiss Lace wigs which do not allow any customization and effort at all. Those wigs are ready to go fresh out of the box. Our Super Fine Invisible Swiss Lace creates the perfect illusion of hair growing directly out of your scalp. They can be used with or without adhesive and parted in any direction for a natural look.
a air amp ANWIG black blonde bob Braids clip Closure color curly de extensions front hair hairstyle Hairstyles headband her how human img lace look loss my natural oil our part ponytail preset que shampoo short Tape topper weave wig Wigs will women wp your
Ten articles before and after